Wednesday, April 11, 2012

{Chinny’s Chicken Soup for the Soul}



This is an all-time favourite comfort food for me. Something simple to have when I dunno what else to cook. It's my own version now, as since young my Mum has been cooking this but with pork ribs instead. This is my Halal version. I've been a Muslim-convert since I was married in 2007, so this is my way of having Mum's food without her cooking it for me. Hahaha...

{Chinny’s Chicken Soup for the Soul}

What you need
- Potatoes (cut into bite-size pieces)
- Carrots (cut into bite-size pieces)
- Mid-joint wings (I marinated the chicken with oyster sauce, sesame oil,white pepper & some honey the night before)
- Tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 whole clove of garlic
- Fried shallots & Chinese parsley for garnish

Seasoning
- Chicken stock (concentrate or the stock itself)
- Sesame oil
- White pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt; adjust to your own taste preference

Method
- Boil the carrots in a pot of chicken stock mixed with water for 10mins
- Add the seasoning to the soup
- Throw in the potatoes and continue to boil for another 10mins
- Add the garlic and chicken to boil with small-med fire
- After 15mins, throw in the tomatoes and boil for another 10mins
- Finally add a dash of pepper when you off the fire on the stove

Garnish with fried shallots & chopped Chinese parsley & serve hot with a bowl of nice & hot steamy white rice!


No comments:

Post a Comment