What you need
For the Brownie
- 120g salted butter
- 90g Hershey’s unsweetened chocolate bar, chopped
- 14 tbsp of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup AP flour
- A pinch of salt (optional)
For the Cheesecake
- 250g cream cheese(whole bar of Philadelphia cheese), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of AP flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees for about 15 mins. If you like your Swirly Cheesecake Brownie to be tall like a normal cake use the 8 x 8” tin. If you prefer it to be like flatter chocolate bars use the 9 x 9” size tin. Line the baking tin with baking paper and spray with baking spray. You can opt to brush with melted butter too. Set aside.
- For the Brownie batter:
Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring continuously until everything is completely melted and well-mixed. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 mins. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and vanilla essence. Add the flour and mix well. Reserve 5-6 tbsp of the brownie batter in a small bowl and pour the rest into the baking paper lined tin and set aside.
- For the Cheesecake batter:
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla essence and flour and whisk until the batter is smooth with no lumps. Do use cream cheese at room temperature so that it will be easier to mix the ingredients together.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the baking tin. Spread across evenly to cover the brownie batter completely. Using a spoon, drop small lumps of the brownie batter on top of the cheesecake batter. Then use a butter knife to swirl the two batters together gently (do no put your knife too deep in case it ‘disturbs’ the brownie batter) until you have a nice marbled effect. You would want a nice two-layered cheesecake brownie J
- Bake for 33-36mins (depends on what tin size you choose) or until the sizes are puffy.
- Once baked, bring it out of the oven let cool completely before cutting. I chilled mine overnight before cutting it.
- Serve chilled or 5-10 mins out from your fridge J