Friday, June 1, 2012

Hay Bee Hiam with French Beans

Recently I suddenly felt like eating hay bee hiam (sambal cooked with dried shrimp). I've never cooked it before, so I though why not give it a try. Using my HappyCall Pan to cooked was a breeze! Saved me alot of time. Hehe...And because it was my 1st time trying to cook it, I didn't wanna make too much, just in case the taste was 'off'. LOL...the next thing I know, Hubby said he didn't have enough of it! Haahaha...he requested to cook the same thing the following week :)


What you need
- French beans (cut into about 5cm-strips ‘sharply’)
- Fishcake (sliced)
- Onion (grinded into paste)
- Garlic (grinded into paste)
- Dried shrimps – Hay-bee (grinded)
- Dried chilli paste

For the Seasoning
- Salt
- Sugar

Method
- Heat some oil in the frying pan and sauté the garlic for 3mins
- Add in the onion and cook for another 3mins
- Add in the grinded dried shrimps and cook for 10mins
- Add in the chilli paste and add a pinch of salt & sugar for taste and continue to stir-fry till the chilli paste darkens and becomes drier
- Add in the French beans & fish cake and mix evenly

Serve with hot steamed rice :)



No comments:

Post a Comment