Thursday, April 5, 2012

Carrot cake with Sweet Black Sauce



Hi everyone, I'm back!


Thanks to my HCP (Happy Call Pan), I have started to be addicted to cooking (& baking) somehow. It's simply amazing! As you can see, I've been on hiatus for a very looong time...and now I guess it's time to start blogging again as there has been requests for recipes. But please bear with me as I slowly update my blog. Most of these will be the 'back-dated' ones and I am very bad with giving proportions - as to how much oil, eggs, salt, flour, chicken etc needed. I usually dun do much measuring on these, more of cooking with my heart. So hope you can use your own imagination yea. LOL.


From the moment I got my Happy Call Pan, I was so excited to explore the different kinds of food you can cook with it. One of the 1st few dishes I tried cooking was this: Carrot cake with sweet black sauce. One of my all-time favourites. Best served at breakfast :)



{ Carrot cake with Sweet Black Sauce }


What you need
- ready carrot cake from supermarket
- eggs
- fresh garlic
- chinese parsley for garnish
- salt & pepper


Method
- cut carrot cake into thin cube strips
- chop garlic into fine bits
- lightly beat at least 3 eggs
- add in light soya sauce, sesame oil, pepper to eggs
- Start frying the garlic to a light golden brown
- add in the carrot cake strips and stir fry till almost soften
- add in the eggs and spread evenly in pan
- let the mixture turn light brown and turn over
- once almost cooked on both sides, mix in sweet black sauce and some salt n stir-fry
  for another 3mins
- garnish with chopped chinese parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment